file too large

Ferenc Wagner wferi@afavant.elte.hu
Fri, 09 May 2003 23:38:14 +0200

William Lee Irwin III <wli@holomorphy.com> writes:

> On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 03:45:23PM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
>
>> A man page update might be nice too.  I checked 'man open' on Linux and
>> it says nothing about EFBIG, although it does mention O_LARGEFILE.
>
> Okay, I'll try to figure out who to pester for that; EFBIG should be
> listed with EEXIST et al under ERRORS.

I did not find O_LARGEFILE in my man pages (Debian Woody,
libc6 v2.2.5).  However, I found the following under Feature
Test Macros in the libc info documentation:

 - Macro: _FILE_OFFSET_BITS
     This macro determines which file system interface shall be used,
     one replacing the other.  Whereas `_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE' makes the
     64 bit interface available as an additional interface,
     `_FILE_OFFSET_BITS' allows the 64 bit interface to replace the old
     interface.

Just for your information.
                                                Feri.