Transmitting Haskell values

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Thu Nov 6 17:04:20 EST 2003

I've done some hacking on Haddock to address some of these issues.  Please take a look at

  http://www.haskell.org/~simonmar/haddock-test/libraries/

which is the library documentation as it will look in the next GHC release.  Note that there is a single contents page listing all
the modules with their packages, and there is a single index covering all modules in all packages.

The index doesn't bogusly link to modules which don't contain the documentation for an entity (although it still lists modules with
just re-export the entity).  It also now keeps the distinction between different entities with the same name.

There are probably some things that could still be tweaked - for instance, we've lost the text that used to appear on each package's
contents page.  I'm not sure where this should go, if anywhere.

Please let me know what you think...