Haddock warnings for unresolved prelude functions

Juanma Barranquero lektu at terra.es
Tue Oct 21 01:20:00 EDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:25:50 +0100, "Simon Marlow" <simonmar at microsoft.com> wrote:

> There isn't a way to make it silent, unfortunately (maybe I'll add one).

That'd be great.

> These warnings are harmless - they just indicate that Haddock couldn't
> find the right place to link to for these Prelude types.

Yeah, I know. But Prelude "false warnings" could hide more useful
warnings.

> If you want to
> generate the hyperlinks, then you need the .haddock file for the base
> package, which is distributed with GHC, and pass the --read-interface
> flag to Haddock (see the docs for details).

Nice, I had overlooked that. I'm still getting these two:

Warning: Local.Numeric: the following names could not be resolved:
    Prelude.[]
Warning: Local.List: the following names could not be resolved:
    Prelude.[]

but the linking to the standard docs is cool :)

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u