Faster, GHC, and floating point.

Andreas.Schroeder at gillardon.de Andreas.Schroeder at gillardon.de
Tue Oct 21 13:57:04 EDT 2003

Yes, i got SSE to work with C++ with -march=pentium3 and -mfpmath=sse
Well, don't make a difference for C++. It is still stuck at 140ms. But i
must say that
the speedup could be below the time resolution of my PC + Test. It is
assumable that
the improvement is similar to Haskell (about 4%)

|---------+----------------------------------------->
|         |           Michael Weber                 |
|         |           <michaelw at foldr.org>          |
|         |           Gesendet von:                 |
|         |           glasgow-haskell-users-bounces@|
|         |           haskell.org                   |
|         |                                         |
|         |                                         |
|         |           21.10.2003 11:47              |
|         |                                         |
|---------+----------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                   |
  |        An:      Andreas.Schroeder at gillardon.de                                                                    |
  |        Kopie:   glasgow-haskell-users at haskell.org                                                                 |
  |        Thema:   Re: Faster, GHC, and floating point.                                                              |

* Andreas.Schroeder at gillardon.de [2003-10-21T11:39+0200]:
> Now, Haskell takes 4.57 the time of C++ (cygwin gnu C++ with -O2).

Did you add the SSE options etc. to the C++ program as well when
comparing Haskell vs. C++?  What is the SSE speedup of C++
vs. C++/with SSE?

Cheers,
Michael