Unreg/registerised hc booting success

Ian Lynagh igloo@earth.li
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 03:56:47 +0100

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 12:39:33PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

>     $ ghc/ghc-6.0.1/ghc/compiler/ghc-inplace
>     ghc-6.0.1: no input files
>     Usage: For basic information, try the `--help' option.
>
>     $ ghc/ghc-6.0.1/ghc/compiler/ghc-inplace hello.hs
>     hello.hs:1:
>         Failed to load interface for `Prelude':
>             Could not find interface file for `Prelude'
>             (use -v to see a list of the files searched for)
>
> I'll solve this library thing, try and build a compiler.
> And then try a sparc.

I have found that I need to copy the library/ .hi files across, although
Simon Marlow seemed to think that should be unnecessary. Also,
ghc/driver/package.conf.inplace seems to become the empty list; I
haven't bothered to look into this as it's easy enough just to copy
ghc/driver/package.conf.inplace.old over the top of it. This isn't
following the new docs online so YMMV.

Thanks
Ian