Porting GHC to powerpc-unknown-linux

Donald Bruce Stewart dons@cse.unsw.edu.au
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 14:56:19 +1000

simonmar:
> dons:
> > No. They are perfect. I've stress tested them today :p
> >
> > +-----------------+--------------------+----------------------------+
> > |     HOST        |      TARGET        | Unregisterised bootstrap   |
> > +-----------------+--------------------+----------------------------+
> > | i386-*-openbsd  | i386-*-openbsd     |          YES               |
> > |                 | i386-*-freebsd     |          YES               |
> > |                 | i386-*-linux       |          YES               |
> > |                 | i386-*-solaris2    |          YES               |
> > |                 | sparc-sun-solaris2 |          YES               |
> > |                 | sparc-sun-openbsd  |       in-progress          |
> > |                 | m68k-apple-netbsd  |       in-progress          |
> > |                 |                    |                            |
> > |                 | alpha-dec-osf3     | dies on host with:         |
> > |                 |                    | cc1: Invalid option `ieee' |
> > +-----------------+--------------------+----------------------------+
> >
> > So all 32-bit platforms have worked or are looking good, but
> > the 64 bit couldn't get of the host machine.

(cough)

I was a bit too soon reporting the sparc-sun-solaris2, two
attempts have died with stg_ap_v_ret. Same result sparc-*-openbsd.

Here's an updated list:

+-----------------+--------------------+---------------------------+
|     HOST        |      TARGET        | Unregisterised bootstrap  |
+-----------------+--------------------+---------------------------+
| i386-*-openbsd  | i386-*-openbsd     |          YES              |
|                 | i386-*-freebsd     |          YES              |
|                 | i386-*-linux       |          YES              |
|                 | i386-*-solaris2    |          YES              |
|                 |                    |                           |
|                 | sparc-sun-solaris2 |      stg_ap_v_ret         |
|                 | sparc-sun-openbsd  |      stg_ap_v_ret         |
|                 | m68k-apple-netbsd  | boots libs, dies in gmp   |
|                 | alpha-dec-osf3     |      in progress          |

Is there an endianess thing here? What is the endianess of the
amd64 and the powerpc? Are than any tricks I can try?

-- Don