Porting GHC to powerpc-unknown-linux

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:38:19 +0100

> I was a bit too soon reporting the sparc-sun-solaris2, two
> attempts have died with stg_ap_v_ret. Same result sparc-*-openbsd.
>=20
> Here's an updated list:
>=20
> +-----------------+--------------------+---------------------------+
> |     HOST        |      TARGET        | Unregisterised bootstrap  |
> +-----------------+--------------------+---------------------------+
> | i386-*-openbsd  | i386-*-openbsd     |          YES              |
> |                 | i386-*-freebsd     |          YES              |
> |                 | i386-*-linux       |          YES              |
> |                 | i386-*-solaris2    |          YES              |
> |                 |                    |                           |
> |                 | sparc-sun-solaris2 |      stg_ap_v_ret         |
> |                 | sparc-sun-openbsd  |      stg_ap_v_ret         |
> |                 |                    |                           |
> |                 | m68k-apple-netbsd  | boots libs, dies in gmp   |
> |                 |                    |                           |
> |                 | alpha-dec-osf3     |      in progress          |
> +-----------------+--------------------+---------------------------+
>=20
> Is there an endianess thing here? What is the endianess of the
> amd64 and the powerpc? Are than any tricks I can try?

Hmm.  I'm still wondering if AutoApply.hc is somehow wrong - has this
file been re-generated on the target machine?  It should have been
shipped with the HC files from the host machine.

Do you have GhcUnregisterised=3DYES in build.mk on the target machine =
for
these builds?  Does it help if you add it and start the build from
scratch on the target machine?