stg_ap_v_ret porting crash: solved?

Donald Bruce Stewart dons@cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:31:40 +1000

igloo:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 07:57:33AM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> >
> > Looks like that was it!
> >
> > I've just built a working unreg compiler on
> > sparc-unknown-openbsd, which I have not been able to do previously.
>
> Is that using the instructions in the users guide and without having to
> copy .hi files over?

Following the new guide, and the new distrib/hc-build, with the
fix to .hc file generation on the host that Simon sorted out yesterday.

This generated a working sparc binary. That compiler in turn is
recompiling the libraries and generating new .hi files.

So, no, I don't have to copy the .hi files over, though at the
cost of waiting for the .hi files to be regenerated.

-- Don