stg_ap_v_ret porting crash: solved?

Ian Lynagh igloo@earth.li
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 02:06:57 +0100

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 08:31:40AM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> Following the new guide, and the new distrib/hc-build, with the
> fix to .hc file generation on the host that Simon sorted out yesterday.
>
> This generated a working sparc binary. That compiler in turn is
> recompiling the libraries and generating new .hi files.

Looks like it's working here too  :-)

Bootstrapping IA64 from x86 (with numerous patches from CVS) looks like
it is working fine, although I am getting

ghc-6.0.1(9371): unaligned access to 0x4000000001e6177a, ip=0x4000000000dd46c1

when compiling even hello world with optimisation. The result seems to
work fine though. Is this expected? Or maybe I missed a patch?
[Added Matt Chapman to the CC list]

Things aren't so easy with alpha as gcc rejects the -mieee flag when GHC
calls gcc for -cpp'ing. I fear a nasty hacky wrapper may be in order.

Ian