type checker tree output

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Apr 20 10:06:07 EDT 2004

You can ask to dump the syntax tree of the program after type checking.
This includes the type abstractions and applications inserted by the
type checker.   -ddump-tc

But that's all.  I'm not sure what the "search tree" is, but GHC
certainly doesn't maintain one, nor does it print out one, I'm afraid.
If type checking fails, you can still do a -ddump-tc, but what you get
may be rather abbreviated.  I doubt it's what you want.

Other people have paid much more direct attention to type debugging, as
I'm sure you know.  Joe Wells, Martin Sulzmann, Greg Michaelson, Olaf
Chitil, spring to mind among others.

Simon