building cygwin

Ben Kavanagh b.i.kavanagh at sms.ed.ac.uk
Fri Dec 3 20:48:39 EST 2004

I'm going to create a standard dist for cygwin.

In order to do so, according to the porting guide I need to build a set of .hc
files with mingw32(same hardware) and then use hc-build with those. To create
the hc files from mingw32 for use with cygwin I should just have to define
toplevel build.mk as follows is that correct?

GhcLibHcOpts += -keep-hc-files
GhcStage1HcOpts += -keep-hc-files
GhcStage2HcOpts += -keep-hc-files

and then use 'find' to pull out all of the .hc files.

After that It should be fairly simple to get a Cygwin build going right?
-Ben