POpen, opening lots of processes

Tomasz Zielonka t.zielonka at students.mimuw.edu.pl
Sat Jan 10 23:40:04 EST 2004

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 04:50:28PM -0500, Mark Carroll wrote:
> Tomasz,
>
>    Your code looks great,

Thanks :)

It was written in haste for a particular purpose and then tweaked a bit,
so I would be pleasantly surprised if it didn't contain any bugs
(besides the one mentioned in code).

It isn't suitable for exchanging bigger amounts of data between
processes.

> but where do you find the library documentation,
> like what the arguments for executeFile are all about? (I'd guessed the
> Maybe thing was an environment, but what's the Bool?)

That was about a month ago, so I don't remember exactly, but knowing me
I guess I must have looked into the source code. You can find some good,
but sometimes not haddockised, comments there.

Glynn Clements already cited some relevant code, but I think I was
rather looking at libraries/unix/System/Posix/Process.hsc which is the
one I used in my code, probably more recent.

Best regards,
Tom

--
.signature: Too many levels of symbolic links