Problem with ghc on Windows ME

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Sun Jan 25 22:51:47 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to help someone compile some code of mine and unfortunately
they seem to have hit a problem with ghc.  Since this is all second hand
info I suspect it contains errors and/or isn't useful, but I'm hoping
someone recognises the problem as already known and can help out.

ghc runs, and preoduces hi files, but doesn't produce a final executable.
No warnings are produced.  Typical output:

C:\halipeto>ghc --make Demo.lhs -o Demo -O -fglasgow-exts
Chasing modules from: Demo.lhs

(and that's it).  I asked him to compile a simple hello world (hw.hs), and
a similar thing happens (no "Linking ...")

C:\>type hw.hs
main = do putStrLn "hello World"
C:\>ghc --make hw
Chasing modules from: hw
Compiling Main             ( hw.hs, hw.o )
C:\>a.out
Bad command or file name

This is ghc6.2 (downloaded in the last day or two):

C:\>ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.2

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andrew

--