Problem with ghc on Windows ME

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Mon Jan 26 08:11:48 EST 2004

andrew cooke (andrew at acooke.org) wrote:

Hi Andrew!

> I'm trying to help someone compile some code of mine and unfortunately
> they seem to have hit a problem with ghc.  Since this is all second hand
> info I suspect it contains errors and/or isn't useful, but I'm hoping
> someone recognises the problem as already known and can help out.

I'm soooooooooo glad you hit this problem since I have the same on Win98
(see my thread(s) about broken ghc) and no help so far.

I have even tried to compile it from the source, and after building stage1,
ghc dies with the similar symptoms, so I'm very eager to see if someone
can resolve the issue?

> Any suggestions?

Not, at the moment. I just can say that ghc-6.0.1 works nicely, while 6.2
is broken on Win98 & ME :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--