AMD64

scott west swest3 at cogeco.ca
Wed Jun 2 10:45:48 EDT 2004

> The amd64 port isn't really there yet.  It works unregisterised, but the
> registerised support need some more work (as you discovered).  You also
> need a non-broken version of gcc (3.3.3 or 3.4.0).

I'd settle for unregisterised... it seems every time I run through the
whole port process I see to do some new wrong thing each time, hehe. I'm
really just in search of a working ghc implementation for my amd64,
registered or not (the main difference is the use of architecture
specific registers and thus performance right?). Does anyone have any
unregistered amd64 builds that they've cooked up?

Regards,
Scott