GMP

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed Jun 9 20:14:45 EDT 2004

I was curious what the best way would be to access the various useful
GMP functions which are not exported for Integers. I was thinking of
making my own (strict) Integer type, but it would be much easier if I
can just use the FFI to import the required functions and get at the
mpz_t inside Integers somehow.

I am not positive, but it looks like ghc seems to have primitives which
call the gmp functions internally rather than using the FFI.. At least I
didn't see an obvious example poking around in the library.

Has someone already done this? a Math.Integer.Advanced (or something)
library would be quite a useful addition to ghc.
        John
--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈