Unregistered build (was Re: AMD64)

Peter Robinson listener at thaldyron.com
Fri Jun 18 16:13:00 EDT 2004

On Friday 18 June 2004 15:39, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> bet:
> > Which brings us around to the question that opened this thread, is
> > there any way to install the unregistered build?
>
> Yes. Download and build the src, and 'make install' :-)
>
> For some platforms unregistered builds are even being distributed in the
> native package format, openbsd/amd64 for one, and Ian Lynagh has a
> *bunch* of Debian platforms running unregisterised GHC.

If you mean
ftp://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pub/debian-amd64/pure64/pool/main/g/ghc6/ghc6_6.2.1-2_amd64.deb
this does build hello-world but fails on every other reasonable program I've
tried it with (internal error: getMBlock: mmap: Invalid argument). And if the
compilation should succeed the compiled program won't run (segfault because
of mmap() or munmap()).
It's exactly the same problem with my home made build so I don't think it's of
much use at the moment.

Cheers
Peter