Haskell performance

Carsten Schultz carsten at codimi.de
Thu Mar 18 11:44:49 EST 2004

Hi Sébastien!

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 11:30:26AM +0100, Sébastien Pierre wrote:
> In fact, I would like to know how Haskell compares in performance to
> other languages because if I refer to the page I mentioned
> (http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/craps.shtml) it does not even
> compete with Python (which is rather... slow).

You should look at the individual examples and see how relevant their
results are for you.  And keep in mind that strings tend to be slow in
Haskell (being lazy lists of characters), a fact that may influence
some of the tests.

Greetings,

Carsten

--
Carsten Schultz (2:38, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://carsten.codimi.de/