ghc-pkg can't build GHCi libs in Windows Command Prompt

Krasimir Angelov ka2_mail at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 12:54:05 EDT 2004

   In the current implementation of the ghc-pkg util
it is impossible to build GHCi libs if you don't have
ld in the current search path. Under Windows the
compiler usually comes with its own linker
(ghc-lib/ld.exe). Why doesn't ghc-pkg use the own
linker? If there isn't any reason not to do that I
would like to apply the patch:

374a375,379
> #ifdef mingw32_HOST_OS
>   execDir <- getExecDir "/bin/ghc-pkg.exe"
>   system (maybe "" (++"/gcc-lib/") execDir++"ld -r
-x -o " ++ ghci_lib_file ++

>        " --whole-archive " ++ batch_lib_file)
> #else
376a382