AMD64

scott west swest3 at cogeco.ca
Mon May 31 12:31:17 EDT 2004

Hello,
    I was just trying to cross compile ghc for my new amd64 box and was
just wondering to what stage others have gotten with it? Personally I
get a working ghc-inplace, and then I've tried to methods, neither of
which work. First, I get a fresh source tree (all compilations were with
6.2.1) and do a configure passing --with-ghc=/path/to/ghc-inline, this
works pretty well for a while, and eventually it cops out when it tries
to find Data.Array and can't. Tried some other things with this method
and they only got me marginally furhter (but I'm fairly sure it wasn't
the proper way to go about it).

Next, I tried, after using the supplied hc-boot script (which did
complete), to do a make install... this also fails with:
ghc-6.2.1: error: directory portion of "stage2/absCSyn/AbsCSyn.o" does
not exist (used with "-o" option.)

So stage2 isn't there, I verified that, but i'm not really familiar
enough to know when/where it is created. Can anyone shed any light on
this? Thanks!