Compiling Haskell on an UltraSparc/NetBSD

Stephane Bortzmeyer stephane at sources.org
Mon Nov 15 16:16:24 EST 2004

[Not subscribed to haskell-users so please copy me the answers.]

To compile the revision control system Darcs (http://www.darcs.net/),
I need Haskell but I'm not myself a Haskell user.

My machine is an UltraSparc 10 running NetBSD 1.6.2 userland and 2.0
kernel.

There is a package source for Glasgow Haskell, so, let's try in
/usr/pkgsrc:

% make
checking build system type... sparc64-unknown-netbsd2.0.
checking host system type... sparc64--netbsd
checking target system type... sparc64--netbsd
Unrecognised platform: sparc64--netbsd
gmake: Entering directory
`/usr/pkgsrc/lang/ghc/work/ghc-6.2.1/glafp-utils'
../mk/boilerplate.mk:66: ../mk/config.mk: No such file or directory
You haven't run ./../configure yet.
gmake: *** [../mk/config.mk] Error 1

'Unrecognised platform'? But
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/building/sec-port-info.html
says:

sparc-unknown-openbsd
Supported, including native-code generator. The same should also be true of NetBSD

So, what can I try now?