ghc -e

Benjamin Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Tue Nov 23 18:06:51 EST 2004

On Wednesday 17 November 2004 15:06, Nils Anders Danielsson wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Benjamin Franksen wrote:
> > I want to use ghc as a script interpreter, using the '-e' option. The
> > problem is that I can't give the script any command line arguments,
> > because 'ghc -e' intepretes everything argument as the name of a module
> > to compile.
>
> I once wrote a script which circumvented the issue above by using
> System.Environment.withArgs. It works, but it is of course a little
> clunky.
>
> See the attached sources.

Thanks a lot! I needed to modify it a little to suit my preferences but it
works like a charm. BTW, it seems as if ghc already ignores a first line
starting with "#!", which makes the program a bit simpler.

What about putting this thing on the Haskell Wiki?

Cheers,
Ben
PS: Sorry for the delayed answer.