deprecate a constructor?

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Apr 15 09:57:58 EDT 2005

Apparently not at the moment but it should be.

As in a 'hiding' list, deprecating "T" would deprecate the *type* T and
the *data constructor* T.  There'd be no way to deprecate one without
the other, except by giving them different names.  (That's a bit of a
shortcoming in hiding lists already, so matters are no worse than
before.)

I'll look into this sometime I'm on an aeroplane...

Simon