Idempontent IO actions and unsafeSTMToIO

Robert van Herk rherk at cs.uu.nl
Sat Aug 6 14:12:06 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Is it true to say that to perform idempotent IO actions inside a STM
monad by using unsafeSTMToIO is safe? I mean something like:

do ... -- some STM actions
     unsafeSTMToIO a -- Here, a is an idempotent IO action
     ... -- some other STM actions

What I read from the various sources on the web is that unsafeSTMToIO is
just unsafe in the sence that the IO actions may be performed multiple
times. So I recon that, if the IO actions are idempotent, there would be
no problem.

Am I correct?

Regards,
Robert