Profiling under 6.4.1 and Solaris segfaults

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at cs.chalmers.se
Mon Aug 29 13:03:36 EDT 2005

Running a simple Hello World program compiled with a GHC 6.4.1
snapshot (20050820) and profiling turned on (-prof -auto-all) under
Solaris results in a segfault. The core dump is similar to a core dump
posted earlier
(http://www.mail-archive.com/glasgow-haskell-bugs@haskell.org/msg04621.html):

(gdb) where
#0  0x0003df8c in EnterFunCCS ()
#1  0x0004a714 in stg_PAP_info ()
#2  0x00045538 in schedule ()
#3  0x00045ff8 in waitThread_ ()
#4  0x00045f48 in scheduleWaitThread ()
#5  0x0004258c in rts_evalLazyIO ()
#6  0x0003bea8 in main ()

The other core dump was due to not compiling the entire program with
profiling turned on. However, the profiling libraries are installed,
so I see no reason why that should be the case now. On the other hand,
when I compile with -fno-implicit-prelude (and main = main), I don't
get a core dump.

Have other Solaris users experienced something similar? I don't have
any problems with the Linux snapshot from the same day.

--
/NAD