compiling GHC with a custom path to GCC

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 18 07:02:22 EST 2005

On 18 February 2005 10:17, Seth Kurtzberg wrote:

> Simon, you'll never give up.  The crashes are absolutely repeatable.
> The fact that I haven't identified a deterministic way to reproduce
> them does not in any way imply that a deterministic way to reproduce
> them does not exist.  And, as I've said, you are essentially claiming
> that a total of over 100 machines all have the same hardware problem,
> that never ever occurs unless gcc is running.

I'm not *claiming* anything about your case - please read what I said.
I simply commented that random crashes in gcc are often caused by
hardware failure.  Indeed it sounds like hardware isn't the problem in
your case, so I suggest you try to narrow down the problem and submit a
report to the gcc folks.