6.4 News

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 6 06:29:58 EST 2005

Greetings GHC users!

As you may be aware, we're heading for a 6.4 release in the near future,
with plenty of shiny new features.  The aim is to get it out in a month
or so, including a couple of weeks of release candidate testing.

So we can all keep track of what still needs to be done, I've put up a
wiki page to track the ToDo list.  This page also has a brief rundown of
the new stuff in 6.4:

  http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/GHC_206_2e4

Please take a look, and if your favourite bug isn't mentioned then let
us know.  Bugs in sourceforge have been prioritised, and we plan to look
at anything with prio >=5 before the release.