Using Haskell with Java

Fri Jan 7 10:56:14 EST 2005

Hello!

I have a Java application, which has a lot of GUI and one complex algorithm. I
spent many months writing and debugging that algorithm, but it still has a lot
of bugs.

At the moment, I am thinking about implementing that algorithm in Haskell,
while leaving the GUI in Java.

I would like to know whether it is possible to write algorithmic (let's call
them back-end) parts of a system in Haskell and user interface in Java?

Can Haskell and Java parts of a system co-operate?

Will such a hybrid system run on Windows and Linux?

Are there any tutorials about this?

Has someone already tried it?

Thanks in advance

Dmitri Pissarenko