Map, Set

Jean-Philippe Bernardy jeanphilippe.bernardy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 07:11:57 EDT 2005

We've been discussing these issues last year on the libraries list,
and we reached the concensus that no concensus could be reached ( :) )
on the ultimate class-based collection framewor (tm). Hence we choose
to go for concrete implementation of Set and Map types. Please refer
to the libraries list archives for details.

In this light, if I dare make a suggestion, it would be to craft a
complete collection framework and distribute it via Cabal for
extensive testing before proposing it as inclusion in the standard.

In order to write such a complete framework one could probably build
upon Edison, DData, and the works of Robert Will and Ross Patterson.

Cheers,
JP.