Scrap your boilerplate (but don't scrap them precious comments)

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Tue Mar 1 05:43:25 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 09:42:17AM -0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> One thing I'm going to do for the 6.4 docs is include a link to the
> source code file (pointing to cvs.haskell.org) for each module.

Of course this won't work when the exported names are defined elsewhere.
But I also think it would be going too far: it will encourage users
to refer to the source code as the true documentation in all cases,
leading to both reliance on accidental features and reduced demand for
better interface documentation.