Haskell on Red Hat Enterprise...

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 10:26:58 EST 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 10:02:56AM -0500, Francois Meehan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need Haskell to be installed on a Red advance server 3. Could not find
> RPM's
> for it. Tried compiling for tar file, won't pass the ./configure, giving
> me "configure: error: GHC is required unless bootstrapping from .hc
> files." error.
>
> Could someone give me some pointers on how to do this?

I was installing GHC 6.2.2 on RH AS r3 on x86 recently and the generic
binary distribution for "Generic Linux with glibc 2.3" worked fine. Just
download it from the website, configure, make in-place, and you have a
working GHC in 5 minutes. You can use this GHC to compile another, newer
versions. There is a generic binary x86/Linux glibc 2.3 version of GHC
6.4 on the website too.

Best regards
Tomasz