porting ghc-6.4 to x86_64

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 23 04:26:26 EST 2005

On 23 March 2005 09:18, Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

> Sorry. Forgot to ask the next question on this process. Now that I
> have unregistered compiler, how do I build the registered one?
>
> I've tried to start with new tree and then run
>
> ./configure --with-ghc=T/ghc/compiler/ghc-inplace
> make

Yes, that should do it.  Except that x86_64 doesn't have support for
object splitting yet, so you need to add a file mk/build.mk with the
line:

  SplitObjs=NO

to turn off splitting.

For some reason that I don't quite understand, it seems from the error
message that you posted the compiler is attempting to generate code for
-split-objs, which is causing the assembler to fall over.  Turning off
splitting should fix that anyway.