Can't compile GHC

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 9 21:54:47 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 21:26 -0400, Mark Brooks wrote:
> I say this because I have been evaluating
> Haskell for use in my senior project.  I need a stable and usable graphics
> toolkit for the project.  While graphics toolkits for Haskell do exist, they
> are oftentimes either translations of other bindings that don't quite work,
> incompatible between platforms, limited in their utility, or in some cases,
> abandonware that represented the heroic effort of a lone programmer that
> disappeared when that programmer lost interest or moved on to other
> projects.

May I direct your attention to two working, extensive, portable (with
native look), actively developed Haskell GUI library bindings:

Gtk2Hs:		http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/
wxHaskell:	http://wxhaskell.sourceforge.net/

Incidentally, both of these projects are quite mature and are nearing
1.0 releases.

If you find any issue with either binding, I'm sure bug reports would be
gratefully accepted.

Duncan

(disclaimer: Gtk2Hs developer)