adding to GHC/win32 Handle operations support of Unicode filenamesand files larger than 4 GB

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Thu Nov 24 05:00:08 EST 2005

Hello Bulat,

BZ> but i propose to make these middle-level functions after stage 2 or
BZ> even 3 in this scheme - so that they will be fully in Haskell world,
BZ> only work with file descriptors instead of Handles. for example:

"it's better one time to see, than 100 times to hear", so i attached my
current Win32Files.hs to this letter. it's close to the FD library i
propose, only open/seek functions need to be rewritten. of course, i
will adapt this code to programming style used in the hierrachical
libraries

by implementing all the things i wrote in previous letter we will get
i/o library, defined as stack of APIs:

1) c_* functions
2) FD API (and other Streams - memory buffer, String, socket, pipe,
channel, mvar and so on)
3) Stream buffering API (Handle)
4) Char encoding for Handles API

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com