GHC-6.4.1 on FreeBSD-amd64 still not ported

John Hornkvist john at toastedmarshmallow.com
Sat Oct 15 17:29:04 EDT 2005

Simon Marlow <simonmar <at> microsoft.com> writes:

> SIZEOF_mp_limb_t comes from DerivedConstants.h, and SIZEOF_VOID_P comes
> from ghcautoconf.h (both in ghc/includes).  Both of these files should
> be from the target system for a cross-compile; I strongly suspect that
> one of them has been overwritten by the host version in your tree.

Those files got overwritten several times for me, too, despite following the
instructions... I ended up watching for them to get overwritten and copying
them back whenever that happened.

I've been trying to crosscompile for amd64-freebsd from Mac OS X, but
although I seem to get all the hc files, the ghc-pkg-inplace crashes, and
so does ghc-inplace, with the following backtrace:

#0  0x00000000014f3ed0 in StgRun ()
#1  0x00000000014f09b5 in schedule ()
#2  0x00000000014f1386 in waitThread_ ()
#3  0x00000000014f12aa in scheduleWaitThread ()
#4  0x00000000014ee421 in rts_evalLazyIO ()
#5  0x00000000014edccf in main ()

Should I try to build again with debug symbols, or is that pointless for ghc
output?

Thanks,
John