GHC 6.4.1 barfs building haskell-src-exts on MingW/WinXP

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at ldn.invesco.com
Mon Oct 17 08:53:26 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I'm trying to build haskell-src-exts-0.2 with GHC 6.4.1 under MingW on
WinXP. It segfaults on the "runhaskell Setup.hs build" command (in the
src/haskell-src-exts subdir). Does anyone else get this, or is it just me?

sh-2.04$ runhaskell Setup.hs build -v5
Preprocessing library haskell-src-exts-0.2...
c:\happy\happy-1.13\bin\happy.exe -agc -oLanguage\Haskell\Hsx\Parser.hs
Language\Haskell\Hsx\Parser.ly
shift/reduce conflicts:  5
Building haskell-src-exts-0.2...
[segfault: instruction at 0 ref'd memory at 0]
sh-2.04$

How do I modify the Cabal setup to get GHC -v output (so I can see which
module it fails on)?

Alistair.