Cross-Compiling with GHC?

Rich Fought rfought at psislidell.com
Tue Oct 18 15:17:15 EDT 2005

Hi there -

GHC noob here, trying to compile a small app for a Linux/PPC target from
a Linux/x86 host.

I take it this must be doable, since it is possible to build GHC for new
platforms and GHC itself is written in Haskell.
I'm just trying to find out if anyone has formulated a guide to this
already, before I jump in (and I did try Google
without much luck).  I'm afraid building GHC for the target is not an
option.

My first thought to try is to build an unregisterised GHC on x86 from
scratch and use it to compile my app to C code,
which I can then cross-compile to PPC.  Something tells me however that
this C code still may have some x86 specific
stuff in it.

Regards,
Rich