Default name of target executable

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:21:06 EDT 2005

On 10/14/05, Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/14/05, Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:
> > HEAD definitely.   We don't change the specification of STABLE, only fix
> > bugs.
>
> Great, I have the initial implementation, but I'll try to make it
> prettier.

Here is the patch.

Some notes:
- I am not sure if it's OK to modify Session in this place.
  Perhaps my code should be called from
  DriverPipeline.staticLink, but it has no access to
  module graph, and I didn't want to make such a
  big change
- I wanted to add .exe suffix on Windows, but if I think that
  GHC relies on mingw32 tools to add it when necessary.
- There is some documentatin in separate_compilation.xml.
  I wrote about the ability to put Main in file other than Main.hs,
  but I couldn't find documentation for this feature. Tell me if there
  are other places where this feature should be mentioned.
- I didn't check that docs are properly generated after my
  changes. Besides, the language can be incorrect.

Best regards
Tomasz