Garbage collecting CAFs

Andrew Cheadle amc4 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Sep 20 15:46:37 EDT 2005

Hi John,

Obviously the Simons are most qualified to answer this, however,
perhaps the following document (page 44-46) is sufficient to explain
this:

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/papers/run-time-system.ps.gz

it was a draft document that wasn't quite finished and was aimed at GHC
4.xx. I believe much of it is still applicable (except wrt evaluation
where the eval-apply mechanism is used over push-enter).

HTH

Andy