FFI Bug - Finalizer always called with NULL pointer?

Brian Hulley brianh at metamilk.com
Sat Apr 15 10:49:00 EDT 2006

Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> Would you like to add to the GHC FAQ, or even start a "Hints about
> using the FFI" page?
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC:Documentation
> (The section at the bottom called "collaborative documentation" is the
> place.)
>
> Hard-won experience like this should be captured.  GHC's documentation
> is a Wiki specifically so that you can record it.
>
> Simon

Done. The page is at http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC/Using_the_FFI and is
linked from the Documentation page above.
I've concentrated specifically on linking with Visual Studio C++ DLLs so
that the examples are hopefully concrete enough for a newbie (like me!) and
also since it should be easy enough for people to see how to adapt the
examples when just linking statically to gcc compiled code (which should be
a lot simpler).

Regards, Brian.