ANNOUNCE: GHC vesrion 6.4.2

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 05:04:49 EDT 2006

Brian Hulley wrote:
> Simon Marlow wrote:
>
>>    =============================================================
>>     The (Interactive) Glasgow Haskell Compiler -- version 6.4.2
>>    =============================================================
>

> I notice that everything except the standalone Windows port is now
> available for download. How soon will this be avaliable? (No great rush,
> just interested :-) )

Our Windows guru and package builder (Sigbjorn Finne) is currently
offline (on holiday?) but he should be back soon.  The Windows nightly
builds are still running, so you can grab a snapshot build which is
essentially 6.4.2:

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/stable/dist/

> (The Visual Haskell port, while looking great, unfortunately has a
> restrictive Microsoft component of the license that prohibits use for
> commercial development so I can't use it unfortunately (unless someone
> can persuade Microsoft to delete their license component....(!))

We are able to release VH under a BSD license now.  The code is in darcs
and BSD licensed: http://darcs.haskell.org/vshaskell/.  I think the
current binary distribution still has the old license, but we'll
hopefully refresh the distribution at some point.