Replacement for GMP

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 09:59:19 EDT 2006

Hello Simon,

> (2) We're concerned about performance.  Replacing GMP, but losing
> substantial performance on bignum-intensive programs would be
> unattractive.

don't forget about speed/memory efficiency of any programs that use
Integer "just for case" but really most of their numbers fit in 32/64
bits. i have one particular program of this type - it builds list of
all files on disk and Integers are used to save filesizes. i will be
glad if, vice versa, memory requirements for small integers will be
reduced to the same as for Ints

> the same binary that also wants to use GMP.  (Of course, we could *copy*
> GMP, changing all the function names.  That would eliminate the
> problem!)

isn't it rather easy task for some automated tool? i think that even
existing tools may be found

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com