Packages in GHC 6.6

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Thu Aug 24 07:56:34 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 12:22:05PM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
> Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> >at least we can start by removing from ghc distribution large
> >graphics/sound libraries that was already cabalized. are there such
> >beasts?
>
> All those packages are already Cabalized.  Hugs uses Cabal to build all its
> libraries.  As for whether all the Cabal scripts work propertly with GHC...
> I suspect there may be some hiccups, since we haven't tested that.

I tested several of them with GHC some time ago.  I'd expect all the
fptools packages except base, readline and stm to work with Cabal+GHC,
and those three are included in the proposed core.  There may be glitches
under Windows; the ones using configure will need to be built under MinGW.

BTW, the minimal Hugs distribution has base, haskell98 and Cabal only.