Packages in GHC 6.6

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 13:32:05 EDT 2006

Hello Krasimir,

> I wrote simple tool that I am using to build MSI installer for Visual
> Haskell. It will not be so hard to extend it to support Cabal. After
> that it will be easy to prepare an installer for GHC with optional
> libraries. Don't expect it to be ready for 6.6 release!

i don't develop it, so i can't complain, but just for case anyone can
take it - msi installer uses MS lzx (cabarc) compression algorithm.
there is a better compression algorithm, called lzma, which makes
compressed GHC bundle about 20% smaller. one can either use MSI
installer containing one large lzma archive unpakced to temp dir, or
Nullsoft installer that supports lzma directly, to cut off size of
installer. it's important for mans like me with modem access/paid
traffic

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com