6.6 Release Candidate delayed

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 29 05:05:37 EDT 2006

We previously announced that there would be a release candidate of 6.6 out on 25
August.  However, we are experiencing some stability problems with the current
6.6 sources on some platforms, so the 6.6 RC is delayed until we can straighten
things out.

On x86/Linux and x86_64/Linux things seem relatively stable though, so if you
felt brave enough to have a go with the current snapshot on one of those
platforms, please go ahead.  Snapshots as usual can be grabbed from

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/current/dist/

and the release notes (still subject to changes before the release) are here:

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/current/docs/users_guide/release-6-6.html

Cheers,

The GHC Team