GHC 6.6 on Ubuntu

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Sun Dec 10 14:57:26 EST 2006

> Is there a preferred way of getting this going? I tried the GHC

To get GHC 6.6 on Ubuntu I recommend you my way, getting the sources for the
packages for Ubuntu + 1 and building the packages. It is very easy, I've
documented it on my blog:
http://pupeno.com/blog-en/unstable-packages-on-ubuntu/

> instructions for Debian, but this seems to depend on 6.6 already being
> in the repository, which it's not, in Ubuntu (why?).

The lattest stable Ubuntu was released before GHC 6.6. Same for Debian. GHC
6.6 will be in the next release of both.

> I like Debian/Ubuntu's install system, and I assume that 6.6 will
> eventually make it into Ubuntu. I want to be sure whatever I do now
> doesn't later confuse the system.

What I recommended shouldn't cause any problem or confusion.
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)