[GHC] #683: RULES for recursive functions don't work properly

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Tue Feb 7 13:36:37 EST 2006

Hello GHC,

G> someone mentioned to me that this expression:

G>    mapM_ action [n..m]

G>  isn't being optimised properly, so I thought I'd look into it.  Sure

may be, what's me :)  i use specially written function as faster
version of this idiom and suggested Simon Marlow to substitute "mapM
[n..m]" with call to my function using RULE mechanism

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com