darcs switchover

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Jan 17 21:28:20 EST 2006

On 2006-01-17, Malcolm Wallace <Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:
> Meanwhile, I noted that the HaXml repo on darcs.haskell.org seems
> to be a verbatim copy of the darcs repo at York.  This this right?
> I was slightly disappointed, since I think I made a bit of a mess of
> the CVS -> darcs conversion of HaXml, and was secretly hoping that when
> the fptools conversion happened, it would make a cleaner job of it,
> based on the full CVS history...  Just wondering?

Ahh.  You are correct.  I noticed that you had a HaXml repository, and
believed that the copy in fptools was actually a converted-to-CVS
version of that.  In any case, I thought it would be unwise to have a
darcs repo without common history with the upstream darcs repo, so
indeed HaXml is just the fruit of "darcs get" from yours.

Re-converting now, since you've presumably committed patches to the
darcs side, is probably not going to be practical.

-- John