darcs switchover

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 05:33:27 EST 2006

John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> writes:

> > Meanwhile, I noted that the HaXml repo on darcs.haskell.org seems
> > to be a verbatim copy of the darcs repo at York.
>
> Ahh.  You are correct.
>
> Re-converting now, since you've presumably committed patches to the
> darcs side, is probably not going to be practical.

Actually, the way I have been working is to commit changes to CVS
first, then to (forget to) propagate them into darcs.  AFAIK, the
two repositories are in synch right now, but if there is ever any
discrepancy, I always treat the CVS one as correct.

Thus, now would be an excellent time to re-convert, and I would
then throw away my own darcs repo and switch to treating the
darcs.haskell.org repo as the master.

I can't remember where the rest of the ghc conversion process has
reached - is it also about ready to switch over to darcs-as-master yet?

Regards,
    Malcolm