Full Release Notes for GHC 6.4.1?

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Thu Jan 26 05:02:56 EST 2006

Hello Rich,

RF> I'm wondering if there exists a full description of bug fixes between
RF> GHC 6.4 and 6.4.1.
RF> The short one on the GHC web site only details new features.

RF> Specifically, I'm interested to know if there were any changes to the
RF> concurrency/threading
RF> portion of GHC?  I'm encountering some nasty FFI/threading issues that
RF> are causing GHC
RF> 6.4 to crash.

yes, at least one was reported by me and fixed in 6.4.1. i attached my
test case for this bug and it is the description:

enclosed program demostrates either bug in GHC 6.2.1/win32 or bug in my mind :)

algorithm:

1. we create several threads with forkOS
2. each thread calls C function
3. C function in each thread made several calls back to Haskell
4. called Haskell functions do some work with memory
5. all these threads ended because C function returns
6. we create another several threads...

after repeating these steps several times program crashes

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com